Northeast Ohio Home Builders | Green Building
Country Side Homes is committed to building energy efficient homes that save you money and help protect the environment. Owners of green homes benefit from reduced utility bills, improved indoor air quality, and less overall maintenance. As Northeast Ohio home builders, we know the importance of saving money on utility bills. That’s why all of our homes have emphasized reducing utility costs through implementation of energy saving features.
Important green home features we focus on include:
- Thick insulation and sealed gaps to prevent air leaking from the home.
- Sealed and insulated ducts to improve heating and cooling efficiency as well as improve air quality by keeping out dust, pollen, and pests.
- Energy Star qualified windows that insulate more than twice as well as conventional windows. They also prevent fading of fabrics inside your home by blocking damaging UV light.
- Energy Star appliances. Modern appliances become more efficient every year, and can add up to hundreds of dollars a year in savings when compared to older appliances.
- Tree conservation on the home site.
There are many different options when it comes to building green. We keep up to date with the latest advances in energy saving technologies by consulting with many local experts and contractors. Such technologies include: Geothermal heating and cooling, solar power, insulated concrete or block foundations, and spray foam insulation, among others.
Energy Star is the government-backed standard for energy efficiency. It was created to help consumers easily identify products and homes that save energy and money, and help protect the environment. Homes built using Energy Star guidelines can expect to save between 20-40% on their utility bill compared to conventional homes.
Whenever possible, we follow the Energy Star guidelines during the home building process, and encourage our customers to choose appliances rated highly by Energy Star.
Tax Credits Available
The government is offering tax credits to Northeast Ohio home builders and individuals for qualifying investments in various energy saving appliances and materials used in your home. For example, we’ve installed geothermal heating and cooling units which can pay for themselves in as little as 4-5 years, and the government is currently offering a tax credit incentive of several thousand dollars to invest in it.
Contact UsHave a quick question? We're here to help.